Everest: 9th May 2018
Heavy snowfall and windy conditions have been prevailing at Base Camp since last midnight.
A big avalanche took place at Khumbu Icefall towards Camp-l today in the morning. No injury has been reported.
"It was a horrible night after 3am. As lightening and huge thundering started in EBC around 3am. First I guessed it was an avalanche but moments later came to know it was thundering," reported by Breeze Sharma to DW, who is now at EBC for his Lhotse climb.
The route would open for the summit of Everest possibly on 13th May, 2018.
Shishapangma: 7th May 2018
Bulgarian mountaineer Boyan Petrov (45), who was climbing solo on Shishapangma without supplemental oxygen went missing since 29th April.
Cho Oyu: 7th May 2018
British Speed climber Adrian Ballinger (42), with his team summited Cho Oyu (8188m) on 6th May, 2018. They became the first team to reach the summit of the world's sixth highest peak in this session. They reached summit on the 9th day after leaving their home. The names of other climbers are yet to receive.
Everest: 4th May 2018
A huge Avalanche from Lola side struck at Everest Base Camp, Nepal today in the morning. Everyone at Base Camp safe apparently.
Video Courtesy: Breeze Sharma
Everest: 3rd May 2018
1. Sherpa team has already opened up the route up to South Col on 02-05-2018. Many Climbers have already acclimatised to Camp-3. Weather has not been favorable in past 4-5 days.
"Weather is not good here at Base Camp. However, Sherpa team has reached at the South Col yesterday fixing up the route," Nepal Official, Gyanendra Shrestha told DW from the Base Camp today.
2. Romanian climber Horia Colibasanu and Slovakian Peter Hámor moved to Camp-2 on 29th April. It was their second rotation.
3. Nepali climber Kami Rita Sherpa reported on his Facebook page yesterday that the first rotation has been done.
4. Nobukazu Kuriki hasn't started climbing from Base Camp due to sickness.
5. No further update from Indonesian Women team (Fransiska Dimitri Inkiriwang and Mathilda Dwi Lestari), Kenton Cool and Steve Plain.
Lhotse: 3rd May 2018
1. Route to reach the summit is open. Mingma G with his team reached the summit on 29th April 2018.
2. Caroline Jetté along with her team returned to Base Camp on 1st May, after spending nights at higher camps (Camp-1 and Camp-2).
Cho Oyu: 3rd May 2018
1. Atanas Skatov arrived at Base Camp on 22nd April. He reached Camp-1 on 26th April. He is climbing up from Camp-1 and is at around 6800m.
2. Adrian Ballinger with his team moved to 6400m yesterday. He hoped for a summit window this week!
Kangchenjunga: 3rd May 2018
1. Weather is not so favorable for the 2nd acclimatization.
2. David Liaño Gonzalez moved to Camp-3 (7000m) on 1st May.
3. Don Bowie wants to move to 7000m from Base Camp and further to 7400m for acclimatization before final summit push.
4. Arjun Vajpai is now at Kangchenjunga Base Camp.
5. Marco Confortola is now at Kangchenjunga Base Camp. Previously he reached up to Camp-3 for acclimatization.
6. No further update of Sophie Lavaud, Maya Sherpa.
Shishapangma: 3rd May 2018
No further update of Boyan Petrov.
Dhaulagiri: 3rd May 2018
1. Snowfall continued for the last few days. Route up to Camp-3 is now open. Climbers are waiting at Base Camp for better weather.
2. Several climbers Carlos Soria, Nicholas Rice with Ryan Kushner and Christopher Manning and Debasish Biswas are now at Dhaulagiri Base Camp.
3. Pawel Michalski and Alex Gavan reported that they were leaving Base Camp on 28th April. After the tragic death of Simone La Terra, they performed a search and rescue operation. No further update of their present location.
Makalu: 3rd May 2018
Session's first summit:
A Chinese female climber Xiaodan Gao (35) with three sherpas, Nima Gyalzen Sherpa, Jit Bahadur Sherpa and Ang Dawa Sherpa summited Makalu today morning without using supplemental oxygen.
Dhaulagiri: 30th April 2018
Italian climber Simone La Terra (36) was found dead on Dhaulagiri. Simone was supported by Prestige adventure. According to Mingma Sherpa, the climber died while climbing towards Camp-3 yesterday. Cause of death is yet to be informed to the DOT.
Lhotse: 29th April 2018
Session's First summit on Lhotse today in the morning by Mingma G Sherpa and his team. Route is now open up to the summit of Lhotse.
Everest: 27th April 2018
1. Romanian climber Horia Colibasanu (41) and Slovakian Peter Hámor (53), are now on a project to traverse Everest-Lhotse without supplemental oxygen and sherpa help. They are now at Base Camp for acclimatization. They already reached up to 6400m. They wish to move to higher camps on Saturday.
2. Nepali climber Kami Rita Sherpa (48), who is on his way to summit Everest for the 22nd time, is now at Everest Base Camp (Nepal Side) for acclimatization.
3. Famous British mountaineer Adrian Ballinger (42), who is famous for his "Everest No Filter" project with Cory Richards in 2016 and 2017, has now come to climb Everest as a guide. If possible he may also try to summit Cho Oyu. At this moment he is at Everest Base Camp (Tibet Side) for acclimatization.
4. Japanese climber Nobukazu Kuriki, who is on his way to Nepal from Japan on 17th April 2018. This time he aims to summit Everest and Lhotse solo without supplemental oxygen. He arrived Everest Base Camp (Nepal Side) today.
5. Indonesian Women, Fransiska Dimitri Inkiriwang (24) and Mathilda Dwi Lestari (24), who are aiming to summit Everest as a part of their Seven Summit project, is now at Everest Base Camp for acclimatization.
6. British mountaineer Kenton Cool (44), who is yet again on another expedition on Everest, is on his way to Camp-2 from Camp-1 yesterday.
7. Australian mountaineer Steve Plain, who is aiming to summit Everest as a part of his Seven Summit project "Project 7in4", is now on his way to Everest Base Camp. The purpose of the project is to complete Seven Summits within four months.
Lhotse: 27th April 2018
1. Canadian woman Caroline Jetté, led a 15 members expedition team on Lhotse. The team was at Base Camp for acclimatization yesterday and started practice at Khumbu Icefall.
2. Mingma G Sherpa, who led a team on Lhotse, has already made it to Camp-3 and may try to reach Camp-4 today as reported yesterday.
Cho Oyu: 27th April 2018
1. Bulgarian mountaineer Atanas Skatov, who is planning to summit Cho Oyu and Everest this spring. He was on his way to Cho Oyu Base Camp for acclimatization on 18th April 2018.
Kangchenjunga: 27th April 2018
1. Mexican mountaineer David Liaño Gonzalez (38), who is on an ambitious project to climb 4 eight-thousanders (Everest, K2, Kangchenjunga and Lhotse) within a few months to support "The Live Love Laugh Foundation" and to raise awarness against depression, is now at Kangchenjunga Base Camp for acclimatization. Previously Camp-2 (6400m) has been established and he has already spent a night there.
2. Canadian speed climber Don Bowie (48), who is aiming to summit Kangchenjunga without supplemental oxygen, is now at Kangchenjunga Base Camp and wish to move to Camp-2 today. He is undergoing the process of acclimatization and reached up to 7000m so far.
3. Franco-Swiss climber Sophie Lavaud the "56,000 lady", who is on his 8th eight-thousander on Kangchenjunga, is now at Kangchenjunga Base Camp for acclimatization. Previously she spent night at Camp-2 (6400m).
4. Nepali climber Maya Sherpa, who is on her way to summit Kangchenjunga as the first Nepali woman, is now at Kangchenjunga Base Camp for acclimatization.
5. Indian mountaineer Arjun Vajpai (24), who is aiming to summit Kangchenjunga without supplemental oxygen, is now at Kangchenjunga Base Camp for acclimatization. He teamed up with Dutch climbers Wilco van Rooijen, Cas van de Gevel and Italian Alex d'Emilia. Previously they spent the night at Camp-2 (6400m).
6. Italian Alpinist Marco Confortola (46), who is aiming to summit Kangchenjunga without supplemental oxygen, is now at Kangchenjunga Base Camp. He is undergoing acclimatization and reached up to 6500m so far. He is on his 11th eight-thousanders expedition.
Shishapangma: 27th April 2018
1. Bulgarian mountaineer Boyan Petrov (45) plans to summit Everest and Shishapangma this spring. "We're on our way to Base Camp (Shishapangma) tomorrow morning", he posted in his Facebook on 16th April 2018. He is on his 11th eight-thousanders without supplemental oxygen.
Dhaulagiri: 27th April 2018
1. Spanish mountaineer Carlos Soria (79), who is aiming to summit Dhaulagiri, is now at Dhaulagiri Base Camp for acclimatization. Previously he reached up to Camp-2 (6450m) and spent nights at Camp-1 (5700m). He is on his 13th eight-thousanders expedition.
2. Polish climber Pawel Michalski (45), who is on Dhaulagiri with Romanian Alex Gavan (35), is now at Base Camp for acclimatization. Previously Camp-1 has been established and he already spent a night there. Pawel and Alex are on their 5th and 7th eight-thousanders respectively.
3. US climbers Nicholas Rice and Ryan Kushner teamed up with Canadian climber Christopher Manning to summit Dhaulagiri. They are now at Dhaulagiri Base Camp for acclimatization. Previously Nick and Ryan reached up to Camp-2 (6450m) and Christopher Camp-1. On 24th April 2018, Nick got injured due to a fall through a weak snow bridge over a large crevasse on his way down from Camp-2.
4. Indian mountaineer Debasish Biswas, who is aiming to summit Dhaulagiri, is now at Dhaulagiri Base Camp after the acclimatization climb up to Camp 2.